Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gratitude...



Today I opened an email from Louise Gale....  https://mail.google.com/mail/shva=1#label/Gratitude+meditation+from+Louise+Gale and it was exactly what I needed to hear and to do ... I spent yesterday in bed with a nasty flu bug and woke today feeling drained, achy and listless.  It will never cease to amaze me how the Universe/God always knows what we need if we just sit still and listen.


I have been running non-stop for the past 3 months ... I thought I was balancing my work with my personal and rest time.  Apparently not.  If I have learned nothing else from my 55 years on this earth it is this:  allowing life to get so busy that we forget to slow down and enjoy the 'moments' and the 'occasions' just isn't worth the end result.  When things pass in a blur and you find yourself wishing (after the fact) that you would have taken more time to just enjoy them then you know you have piled much to much on your plate.

There have been times in my life when I have asked the Universe/God to please cut me some slack ... my plate needs to be changed to a platter.  It was then that I realized that it was up to me to stop piling so many things on that plate.  Prioritize.  Even when it seems there isn't one thing you can possibly give up doing.  Trust me.  The sun will shine tomorrow if you say no.

I am sharing two photos with you today ... one is of my darling little granddaughter 'Storey'.  She is the reason I prioritize more now ... I want the energy and the time to be here for and with her as much as possible.





The second photo is of my daughter 'Avery' when she was 5 months old.  When I compared them I realized just how similar but different we all are.  These two beautiful babies were born 31 years apart but, look alike and will be alike... forever.



                                            What are you grateful for?







No comments:

Post a Comment