Wednesday, March 28, 2012

ANGEL'S FOR OLIVIA


Have you ever wondered..... 
why some people have to endure what seems like heartbreaking hardship
 while others glide through life seemingly untouched?

I asked myself this question this past week when I was made aware of a young single mom's challenge.

Raising children is an honor and a gift, albeit a challenge and mounds of stress at times.
It is rewarding but, can be the hardest job any of us ever signed on for.
Imagine doing that ... alone ... with a terminal illness looming in your near future.

The story about 'Olivia' and her mom hurt my heart for days and still does... I don't know why this particular story has touched me this deeply because, in this day and age we all have heard similar stories many times but....

It did and it does.  

Olivia, who is 8,  wants to go to Disneyland with her mommy and after feeling completely helpless, I realized that I could help, in a small way, and that's where the Tuckaways
came in.  Monies raised selling them could contribute to Olivia's trip.  I stayed up sewing them  in the hopes that the love and best of intentions that I  inserted into each one would somehow manifest and surround 'Olivia' on the hard days that her little heart will soon have to bear.

I have realized that the heartaches and the loss of loved ones truly does make us stronger and that it really is the circle of life ... does that make it easier to lose someone ... heck no.
Does it  make us question 'why' ... heck yes.
Are there any answers ... only those that satisfy each of us in our own way.

The old adage that it takes a village to raise a child rings true when we hear about stories like 'Olivia's'.

We have a responsibility to help ... in any way we can.

Love and strength to Olivia and her mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment